Appraisals, Authentication, and Conservation
The Bowers Museum of Cultural Art is ethically and legally unable to provide authentication or appraisal services. The Bower Museum does not offer conservation services. Below is a select list of references that may be helpful if you are in need of these services.
- The American Society of Appraisers, (800) 272‐8258, www.appraisers.org.
- The International Society of Appraisers, (312) 981‐6778, www.isa‐appraisers.org
- Bonhams & Butterfields, (323) 850‐7500, www.butterfields.com.
- Christie's, (310) 385‐2600, www.christies.com.
- Sotheby's, (310) 274‐0340, www.sothebys.com.
- Art Dealers Association of America, (212) 940‐8590, www.artdealers.org.
- For painting conservation: Balboa Art Conservation Center, (619) 236‐9702, www.bacc.org.
- For textile conservation: Conservators of Fine Fabrics, (562)697‐7763, www.coff.com.
- American Institute for Conservation, (202) 452‐9545, aic.stanford.edu.
Donations of Artwork
The Bowers Museum welcomes donations of significant works of art for its permanent collection, however art is not accepted for donation on a “walk in” basis.