Tours and art classes at the Bowers Museum provide unique opportunities for students of all levels to engage with cultural arts from around the world. The Bowers Museum School Partnership Program is being offered to Title I schools as a way to encourage teachers to integrate the arts across the curriculum and as an extension of their classroom. Your school may be eligible to receive grant funds to cover all or part of a tour, art class, and up to $250 reimbursement per bus. Scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis. The submission of an application does not guarantee funding.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2016-2017 school year.
Grant Guidelines & Requirements:
- Criteria for being selected to receive scholarship funds for tours, art classes, and transportation will be based on:
Qualification as a Title I school (subject to verification).
- Submission of completed School Partnership application.
- Participation in one Educator Workshop or Educator Open House per year to prepare teachers for bringing students to the museum.
- Each approved school will receive up to $500 per visit, with a maximum of 2 visits per school, for a total possible value of $1000. Approved schools will be expected to fund any remaining balance, and will receive an invoice prior to their visit date(s), with payment due 2 weeks before your scheduled visit.
- Completion of requested evaluation forms by teachers on each visit.•Following your visit, you may be asked to submit “thank you” letters (additional information will provided by the Tours Office).
- To receive bus reimbursement, please submit your transportation invoice along with clearly marked “pay to” information no more than 90 days after your scheduled tour date, and the Bowers will reimburse your designated school or district up to $250 per bus.
See grant application for additional details and requirements
Grant Application 2016-2017
Special funding for scholarships has been provided by: