Bowers Internship Program
Thank you for your interest in joining the Bowers Museum Internship Program! Our goal is to collaborate with talented students from our neighboring colleges and universities to provide an invaluable hands-on complement to their academic experience. The Bowers Museum offers an array of internship opportunities for students of all disciplines.
Please complete the Internship Application Form and submit along with your current resume and a brief cover letter to HumanResources@Bowers.org.
Internships are open to undergraduates, graduate students and recent graduates. Internships are year round, and applications are accepted on a rolling basis, depending upon availability. Interns are asked to commit to a certain number of hours and a specific schedule for a duration of at least 3 months. Internships are unpaid. Due to the unique nature of each department, the qualifications, responsibilities, and duration of each internship will vary. Additional information can be found on the internship application.
Volunteer at the Bowers
For general volunteer opportunities, please submit your volunteer application with a cover letter of introduction that includes any qualifications and/or experience you may have relating to your area of interest. Email your application and cover letter to HumanResources@Bowers.org.
Opportunities range from assisting with art project preparations and execution for our monthly festivals to conducting onsite surveys and helping with mailing assembly. Volunteer applications are accepted year round and positions are appointed as needed.
Current Employment Opportunities
The primary responsibilities of the Sales Associate are to maintain outstanding customer service, generate sales, merchandise products, and support the store management team. This position reports to the Director of Retail Sales and is part-time, a combination of weekdays and weekends.
Please send your resume to HumanResources@Bowers.org, no phone calls.
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service by Bowers Museum standards
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Uphold merchandising and store cleanliness standards
- Process new shipments, help keep the receiving and stock area clean and organized
- Responsive of safety issues
- Conscious of shoplifting activity
- Aid customers in locating merchandise in store,
- Answer customers’ questions and provide information on procedures and policies
- Encourage customers to sign up for membership
- Must be able to work flexible hours, particularly weekends, to meet the needs of the business
- Have knowledge of basic software related products along with a willingness to learn
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
- Be a fast learner, cheerful, with a positive attitude
- Previous experience in a retail environment
- Knowledge of retail computer systems
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- A strong team player yet still able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (25 pounds or more) from time to time as required.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise, which entails lifting