Free Family Festival: Asian Lunar New Year
Free Family Festival: KUSC Classical California Kids Discovery Day at Bowers
KTLA Visits Guo Pei: Art of Couture
Bowers Museum Free Family Festival: Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead)
Santa Ana College School of Continuing Education
Recycled Materials Art Project
Bowers Museum Free Family Festival: International Festival of Noodles
California Bounty Virtual Highlights Tour
Muscles, ninjas and cyborgs; what do these three things have in common? All are depicted on the flour sack canvases of the Bowers’ first digital exhibition, Reel Art: Movie Posters from Ghana.
This premier digital show revisits one of the most beloved Bowers permanent collection exhibitions, bringing together a group of rugged, campy and visually astonishing posters. These colorful advertisements were originally created to promote movies made available for rent throughout Ghana by an industrious group of traveling entrepreneurs. Familiar celebrity faces and fantastical interpretations of B- and C-list movies from the 1980s and ‘90s make for a wonderful viewing experience. Microwave some popcorn, sit back, relax and enjoy Reel Art from the comfort of your home.
Inside The Walt Disney Archives
Don't forget to visit our Storytelling Portal to read and share your favorite Disney memories! Now available on desktop!
Hear directly from experts in the fields of archaeology and more. This treasure trove of past lectures is being updated weekly for your listening pleasure!
Tune-in and zone-out to the sounds of the Bowers Playlists. Inspired by our current exhibitions, new art projects, and the passing holidays - the Bowers will link new playlists below every week during our closure.
Click the links below to listen to:
- Reel Art Playlist, inspired by Bowers' digital exhibit
- First Californians Playlist, inspired by Bowers' permanent exhibition and timed to accompany our Kidseum Projects.
- Celebrating Mother's Day Playlist, timed to accompany our Kidseum Projects in honor of the holiday.
- Timeless Melodies Playlists: 1945: The Year in Song, Broadway in the 1950s
HOME ART LESSONS
Member Exclusives From Home
As extension of our new online portal "Bowers at Home" and its virtual offerings, Bowers Members have received exclusive access to premiere content, from live broadcasts and Q&A in our member-exclusive speaker series, "Friends of the Bowers," to videos of past lectures in our new "Best of the Bowers" video lecture archive, staff interviews and more. Click here for details.
Enjoy archives of this series on the Bowers YouTube Channel, under the Friends of the Bowers Playlist!
- June Festival of the Summer Solstice Goddess: Download Festival Projects Now | Preview
- May Fiesta de Mexico: Download Art Project Now | Preview
- April Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival: April Spring Festival Projects | Preview
- March Spring Equinox Festival: Download Festival Project Now | Preview
- February Chinese New Year Festival: Download Festival Project Now | Preview
- January Festival of Chocolate: Download Festival Projects Now | Preview
- December Festival of Winter Holiday Celebrations: Download Festival Projects | Preview
- November Festival of International Dance: Download Festival Projects Now | Preview
- October Mexican Day of the Dead Festival: Download Festival Art Projects & Recipe | Preview
- September Autumn Moon Festival: Download Art Projects Now | Preview
- August International Drumming Festival: Download Art Projects Now | Preview
- July Roots of American Music Festival: Download Art Projects Now | Preview
- June Festival: Download June Virtual Festival Art Projects | Preview
- May Festival Celebrating Mexican Heritage: 05.19_Virtual_Festival_13.pdf
Creative art projects the entire family will enjoy, from grandparents to grandkids, presented by Bowers’ Anne’s Treasures Program.
Serving our Community
Early in the recent health crisis, Bowers Museum partnered with Mariners Church to cook, prep, and deliver meals to local hospitals for healthcare workers including Hoag Hospital, CHOC and more. Later added to this program's recipients are the families of the children in our Kidseum After School Program, all of whom are Santa Ana residents, as well as the seniors of our Anne's Treasures Program.
This program has now grown to include funding from Bowers' supporters. In total, thanks to our partners, donors and members, the Bowers has been able to provide important services for our community in 2020, including:
• 23,193 free meals for front line medical and emergency services workers, low-income children, families, and seniors, and the homeless
• 1,527 art kits for low-income children and seniors
• 1,148 bags of groceries for low-income children and seniors
If you haven’t already, please join us in raising funds for this program, as well as free art programs for children, families, and seniors, and exhibitions that showcase the world’s finest art. Click here to learn more.